How I Make Money Online

Last week, I talked here about some ways that I cut costs to save money, but that only goes so far. Sometimes what you really need is a little extra money. That's what today's post is about. None of these things will make you rich (or at least they haven't made me rich) but they do put a little wiggle room in the budget.




Recyclebank

Recyclebank is a website where you can earn money by learning about green actions, making pledges to green your life, and recycling. In my area, they weigh how much the whole community recycles, and I get a portion of that amount credited to my account (usually between 50 - 100 points a week for just recycling). You need very few points to cash in for coupons (about 25 - 50 points), about 150 - 300 points for a yearlong magazine subscription, or 2000 points for a $10 gift card. Since I recycle every week, most of points are easily earned. If you have a Whole Foods grocery store nearby, you can also earn points if you recycle there. 





Swagbucks

Swagbucks is a website with tons of ways to earn "swagbucks." You can answer the daily poll, take surveys, search using their search service, watch videos, complete offers, and more. I usually stick to the daily poll, NOSOs, and searching, which amounts to about 30 seconds a day. Sometimes I watch videos when I have the time. The more activities you do, the quicker you'll earn points. 450 points = $5 Amazon gift card, which is perfect for me since I buy cat food on Amazon. 



Qmee

Qmee is an app installed in your browser (you have to use Chrome, Firefox, or IE). Whenever you search using google, Amazon, Bing, eBay, or yahoo, Qmee is also running. Using your search keywords, it will bring up similar results that you are paid to click. The amount you're paid ranges from 6¢ to 19¢ (in my experience). Qmee will track your earnings and you can cash out at any time. The money is sent either to your PayPal account or the charity of your choice. 





My Recipe Magic

My Recipe Magic is a website where you upload recipes and you are paid whenever someone views the recipe. If you click the "magic" button above, it will take you to the one recipe I have on their site (I link back to my blog on my page, but having a blog is not required). I signed up just last week, so I've only had 20 views and earned 2¢, but I've done no additional work either (after adding the recipe anyway).

Have you tried to make extra money online?

Comments

  1. I usually make money by filling out surveys online, since I'm sitting at a computer all day anyway :) I hadn't heard of My Recipe Magic, but will definitely check it out since I post recipes online anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried doing some surveys a few years back, but it seemed to take so long that I abandoned that plan. I'm glad it works for you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info! The only one of these I have herd of is swag bucks, so I'm excited to use some others that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these so thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope they work out for you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian