Grilled Cheese Pasta with Broccoli

Sometimes I shy away from recipes with unfamiliar ingredients because I don't want to waste time or money on something gross. But this Hello Fresh recipe tempted me because the new ingredient was just a type of cheese. Grilling cheese to be exact. I'm so glad I took a chance on this one because it's delicious. 
You cube the cheese and pan fry it, so it has a slight crust on the outside and remains gooey on the inside. Mmm! 

It also calls for sprinkling pumpkin seeds over the top (which I never would've thought to add to a pasta dish), and I loved it. Adds a nice crunch :)
Hello Fresh says the recipe serves 2, but we each ate this for dinner, plus I got a lunch out of it. If you try it, let me know what you think! :)

Do you like to cook with new foods?

linking up here and here

Comments

  1. I'm not very experimental with new foods unless someone really talks me into their "best of" recipes. I'd never tried pea sprouts until someone gave me their Vietnamese Salad recipe. Now I love them! This recipe looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a special weakness for people's best or favorite recipes as well. If someone likes it that much, I usually take the risk and try it :)

      Delete
  2. Looks very yummy. Never heard of grilling cheese. Did it taste just like normal cheddar/tasty cheese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on what kind you buy . . it's traditionally made with sheep's milk, which I've heard makes it more like feta. The cow's milk version is all I can find. It's salty and firm on the outside but melty like mozzarella on the inside, and the flavor is mild like cheddar.

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to try the grilling cheese - it's called halloumi, I think? I thought I would add some to veg skewers on the barbecue. The weather is improving, so maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same cheese! I bet it would be delicious on the grill - great idea! :)

      Delete
  4. Now let you in on a secret of my travels- there are two grilled cheese - there is Cretian Haloumi, which I find squeaks when you eat it! Then there's saganaki (which I think is more the name of the cooking style) which is pan fried cheese, also Greek, but separate in taste to the rather salty haloumi (which I can only handle so much of).

    I have no idea re: animals milk they are made from, but it's certainly part of my cultural education when I was travelling. I didn't know of saganaki til I was there, though I had been exposed to haloumi prior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! How cool :) This cheese is squeaky so it must be the haloumi version.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian