Cake Fail

My mom's birthday was close to Easter this year, so when I set out to make her birthday cake, I thought a duck-shaped one would be cute and festive. The pan was a little difficult to work with, but Mr. G and I didn't have any major issues until he tried to take the cake out of the pan. He whacked the back of the pan and the head flew out! In an effort to attach the head back to the body, I used some of the icing as a glue (I added extra powdered sugar, but it still came out runny). Unfortunately, it just ran down the front and back of the duck's body. So I accepted defeat and poured the rest of the icing on the duck.

At least it looks like I did it on purpose, right? Maybe this duck prefers to swim in yellow ponds? haha
My mom got a great laugh out of this whole experience. :) 

Once the icing hardened, the cake was almost like a doughnut - light and fluffy inside, but with a hard shell of icing outside, so all was well. And tasty! 

Click here if you'd like to read more about my cooking follies. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian