Random Stuff

So, we're home from all our travels this month. Dottie is so excited that she's helping us unpack:
The garden really took off (or maybe it's more noticeable since I haven't seen it for a week). I was eager to get the weeds under control and a weird one caught my eye in the middle of the Sweet William. Look what I found when I pulled it up:
A potato! (And yeah, I have pink alien hands.) I planted potatoes last spring but nothing ever grew, so I dug them all up last fall - or at least I thought I got them all. It's our first "harvest" of the 2013 garden, and I am pumped! Maybe I should just leave potatoes in the ground every year . . 

I'm off to get caught up on cleaning and laundry (wheee!), but I hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

Comments

  1. lol! That potato made me chuckle...thank you for stopping by...my blog is not just about sewing...it's about everything I love which is just about everything! (Sewing, cooking, crafting, vintage linens and treasures--you name it.) I am already curious about all your wonderful looking dishes--so I will be back for recipes. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to follow me!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just finished reading about your cake disaster - I'll be back for more! :) I hope you enjoy the recipes. I'm vegetarian, so most of the recipes are too.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get caught up nice and quickly :) My cats usually get in the case when we are packing to go somewhere, not on our way back :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - Dottie likes to jump in when we're packing too. I think she's happy for suitcase time whenever she can get it :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yep, I can count on her for my daily cute factor :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian