Lazy Friday

Not a whole lot going on around here, but there were a few things that brightened my week . .

French fries. I haven't been to Arby's in years because I rarely go out to eat and their fries are the only food on the menu that I really enjoy. So imagine my surprise when I saw these bad boys in the freezer section at the grocery store . . I won't be buying them often, but what a nice treat when I do ;) They taste EXACTLY like I remember.
Flowers. The Sweet William is blooming! Our plants have white, light pink, dark pink, and red flowers.  I like the variety and they attract a ton of birds and bees.

A free book. I've belonged to Goodreads since 2011. I use it mostly to track what books I've read and what books I'd like to read. But I recently entered a few of their giveaways and received this book. When I got home from work and found a package for me, I was shocked. (They didn't notify me that I'd won!) It's about an elderly couple whose son, Jacob, shows up on their doorstep about 50 years after his death. So far, so good.


And here's a few links if you're looking for more reading material . . 

one man's yearlong break from the internet - do you think you could do it?

photos of the same family, taken once a year for 18 years - so interesting!

marketing books - gendered book covers - so true!

would you sell your kidney for $1 million?

Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. a year eh. hm. I've done 2 weeks. how much harder could it be? uh, would you like sackcloth with that?

    alwasy nice to get a book in the mail.

    I don't think our sweet williams came up, or if they did, they haven't shown signs of blossoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks - I'm impressed! I think the longest I've gone without internet is 4-5 days. I was on vacation, so I was plenty busy and didn't really miss it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian