Mini Green Changes: Use Half

One of my on-going goals (and passions) is trying to be more environmentally responsible. Since Earth Day is coming up (April 22nd this year), I thought I'd feature a "bonus" post every Thursday this month about a tiny change you could make to tread a little lighter (no pressure!) and maybe save a little money, too. I'll still be posting regular stuff MWF, so feel free to skip Thursday's posts (and let me know what you think in the comments).

Here's the first one:
Keeping short and sweet for this first one:  use half. The next time you reach for the toothpaste, dish soap, detergent, shampoo, whatever - use half as much as usual. See if it gets you by. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

It's kinda like your first shower after a massive haircut - you still put a quarter-sized dollop of shampoo in your palm because that's what you always do. It's just a habit. I've found I can often get away with less without compromising cleanliness and you might, too.

Do you do anything special for Earth Day? Have you made any changes to "go green"?

Comments

  1. I JUST finally learned to adjust how much shampoo I use--and I hacked off my hair over a year ago. :P Go me. I love the idea of using half with other things, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it takes me forever too! All that shampoo just makes everything extra foamy, so it's more like playtime than shower time ;)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea, Amanda! I'm always looking for easy ways to go a little greener. This is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian