Crock Pot Potato Soup

I've been on a soup kick lately. Tortellini soup, kale and quinoa soup, gnocchi soup... and now, potato soup:
This soup rocks because it's short on ingredients and effort, but still filling and delicious. You basically pile everything in the crock pot, wait 8 hours, and serve. Love it!

Crock Pot Potato Soup

• 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
 2 cloves minced garlic
 3 cups chopped potatoes
• 2 - 3 cups vegetable broth (enough to cover the potatoes)
• 1/4 cup dried split peas
• 1 - 2 teaspoons pepper
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 cup almond milk

Instructions
Add butter, potatoes, garlic, vegetable broth, peas and spices to the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Stir in milk right before serving. Add toppings if desired. Enjoy!

I topped my soup with soy bacon (my first time trying it - I think I'll skip it in the future) and parmesan cheese. Paired with a salad, this made a perfect lazy-wintertime dinner :)

Comments

  1. I love soups this time of year, especially soups I can throw into a crockpot :) This one looks delicious! I'm not a huge fan of bacon (or soy bacon) so I'd probably skip that as well but I'm excited to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, winter = soup in my brain.

      Hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian