October's Over: Goals Update

Happy Friday!

Since August, I've been challenging myself to put extra toward the mortgage every month, so here's visual look at my progress:
I think this graph was the best thing I ever did in terms of encouraging myself to put a little extra down each month. The goal's always been in mind, but I felt like I did it more often than it was actually happening. I started tracking it in July, and I'm very happy with my consistency since then. :)


And now for November:

Attend yoga classes: Yoga is my kind of exercise - methodical, doesn't require anything too fancy, can be done solo or in a group. I used to only do yoga with my Wii, until I was spoiled by a yoga instructor coming to my work to teach a class. Sadly, she has moved on to other opportunities, and now I'm looking for a new class. I've found a few leads. My plan is to attend four local classes this month and figure out which one I prefer.

Internet-free days: Everyone needs an internet break from time to time, right? Since I started blogging, I find myself spending much more time online than I used to - which isn't a bad thing - but I think a planned day or two away will be good for me. Okay, and I have a big project due, so the less distractions, the better.

New recipesTrying new recipes keeps me excited about cooking :) I have some in mind already - Cookie Dough Truffles and Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

What are your plans for November?

Comments

  1. Ooohhhh LOVE the Internet-free days idea!! I may have to implement that in December. Perfect time, especially being away from work and with family. :-) All I know is that I'm ecstatic for Thanksgiving -- and I'm not even cooking (although I'll probably do a mini-version at home, for leftovers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing - around the holidays I'm busier and hopefully I won't even have time to miss being online. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooo - that looks like actual progress with the mortgage payoff plan! I love the internet-free days thing too. When my life starts to feel like it's all too much I try to schedule "screen-free" days with no computer or TV allowed. It gives me time to take a deep breath and look around, which is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the graph helps me feel like I'm making progress more than just watching the balance slowly tick down! I hope my screen free days go well - I've never scheduled one before, just had them happen by accident on vacation or because of a power outage. A nice deep breath sounds good :)

      Delete
  3. I like the visual for the mortgage progress! Your other goals are worthy ones - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the mortgage 'extras'...and I love the internet-free goal, too. It's nice to just still the busyness and keep things in balance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm going to enjoy my internet-free days :)

      Delete
  5. I think we could all (bloggers that is, and their BFs!) take some time off from the internet! Thankfully a holiday helped - sure I had wifi occasionally and caught up on reading, but I didn't spend the amount of time I have today :p That being said, we had a lot of free time without work!

    Nice work with the mortgage (reminded me to check mine - all doing well this month, yay, esp with a holiday). The BF was mentioning yoga to me a few months ago, but I'm not a yoga person, thankfully I'm back playing water polo, so that's some good exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, holidays definitely help me skip the internet!

      I'm hoping Mr. G will come to yoga with me at least once, but I'm not holding my breath ;) Glad to hear you're playing water polo again! I've never played, but it looks tough.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian