Happy Groundhog Day

Yay Groundhog Day!


Groundhog Day isn't a holiday with a festive greeting like Christmas, or even a special food. It's just an excuse to discuss the weather and hope for an early spring. But it was always at least a guarantee of a coloring page or arts and crafts project at school and that makes it a good day in my book. (Maybe one day Mr. G and I will go see the official groundhog in Punxsutawney.)

Today I'm at work as usual but dreaming of spring, and even better, summer! Yesterday I bought a new pair of swimsuit bottoms from Hurley, a company that was everywhere in California last year. And one step further, Mr. G and I are going to start planning our annual June anniversary trip. We're considering lots of places, but leaning toward the Caribbean or maybe Colorado?

How's your Monday going?

Comments

  1. We have a local groundhog called Shubenacadie Sam. I didn't even know about Punxsutawney Phil until I was an adult! Vacation planning sounds like just the thing for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, I had no idea there were other groundhogs!

      Delete
  2. There is one here in Ontario called Wiarton Willie too! Those swimsuit bottoms are cute. I bet you could get a really great deal on a Caribbean trip that time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, another groundhog?!

      I hope we can get a good deal - we're trying to spend less than last year.

      Delete
  3. So did he see his shadow? I haven't heard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! 6 more weeks of winter. Since they'd already predicted another big snow storm coming our way early next week, I'm not surprised . .

      Delete
  4. I just thought it was just the name of a film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic! The film takes place on Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney - where the official groundhog lives.

      Delete
  5. Love planning for holidays! Together with new swimmers, this should keep you going through another 6 weeks.

    I think they should remake the movie with Grumpy Cat. He has the right face for bad news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, agreed! Grumpy Cat always puts a smile on my face :)

      Delete
  6. I'd never heard of Groundhog Day - apart from the movie - had no idea it had all those traditions behind it. I think I might introduce that at my school - I especially liked the part about having to pay money if you speak English (great idea with play money in my French classes!) Here's to spring coming soon. The holiday planning sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How creative! I bet the students will enjoy that :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian