A little while later, at home, my face starting itching. Must be a bug bite, I thought. Until I looked in the bathroom mirror and realized I had a rash that looked an awful lot like poison ivy. Spoiler alert: it was poison ivy.
Thankfully the internet was here to save me with all kinds of recommendations (and provide me with frightening photographs - never google pictures of rashes).
I started out with some home based remedies (aloe and honey both reduced the itching), but eventually I branched out to the heavy hitters - medicated scrub and calamine lotion.
Have you ever had poison ivy?