June went fast, right? Can't believe the year is already half over! I'm still feeling good about all my goals though :)
This month I was able to cross off two goals - traveling twice and learning something new. We visited Ocean City for a friend's birthday, and then spent 9 days in California. (I'll post my final recap on Monday.) We still plan to fit in a day trip to NYC in a few months. Learning something new was surfing lessons!
I've already met my mortgage goal for the year, but I've decided I'm going to continue to overpay. I'm in the habit of putting extra money toward it anyway, so why stop? $2,330 total - yay!
As of the end of June, I've read 35 books this year so I'm on track for 50. This month's reads:
The best was Daughter of Smoke & Bone, hands down.
- Bread & Wine - Memoir mixed with favorite recipes. I loved that she advocates inviting people over for dinner even when your house is a mess - been there!
- Freakonomics - You've probably heard about this one, I think it's about 10 years old now? The authors strive to answer questions (like whether or not teachers and sumo wrestlers cheat) using the study of economics and incentives. Interesting stuff.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone - So glad this is part of a series! Janssen's review sells it better than I can.
- Roommates - A story about the relationship between grandfather and grandson, through some tough times. But the writing was blah.
- This is Ridiculous, This is Amazing - A funny book about parenting little kids that probably would've been even funnier if I had children. It's written in list format, making it a super quick read.
Happy 4th of July to my US readers! :)
How was your June?