I'm a sucker for a Pinterest Challenge. So when I heard that Janssen and her sisters were hosting another challenge, I was excited to join in! The rules were simple: blog to say you'd be participating, write a post about what you're going to do, then write about them after the dust clears (or maybe there's no dust at your house. lucky duck.). I managed to follow exactly one of her rules. Sounds about right.
1. Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Please make this - super easy and so tasty. Also a little messy, but give up on eating it by the slice, and you'll be fine.
2. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. I skipped the icing and still loved these bars! Mine were a little crumbly, but that just gave me an excuse to sprinkle the chunks over a bowl of ice cream, so no harm done ;)
3. Sugar Cookies with Cookie Dough Icing. Everyone and their brother has a favorite sugar cookie recipe, so I wasn't too concerned by this recipe's bland cookie. That icing, though - WHOA. You have to try this icing!
4. Butternut Squash Pasta. Okay, I admit I didn't follow the recipe at all. I simply dumped a pre-made soup over cooked noodles and called it a day. But I got the idea the day after seeing this recipe, so I have to give credit where credit is due. Maybe I'll cook the real deal this fall.
5. Cake Batter Bars. Another easy one. :) Warning: the recipe calls for "a handful" of sprinkles. Thinking that no amount of sprinkles could be too much, I poured quite liberally on my first batch - and discovered that there is a such thing as too many sprinkles. Now I stick to 1-2 tablespoons and I'm actually able to taste the other ingredients! (Very novel concept, I know.)
6. Italian Wedding Soup. So happy I made this version of Wedding Soup (it was my first time making one with eggs and I'm a convert)! I think even mini-meatball lovers wouldn't miss the meat in this one - the eggs really are the star.
I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!