Pinterest Challenge 2

I'm a sucker for a Pinterest Challenge. So when I heard that Janssen and her sisters were hosting another challenge, I was excited to join in! The rules were simple: blog to say you'd be participating, write a post about what you're going to do, then write about them after the dust clears (or maybe there's no dust at your house. lucky duck.). I managed to follow exactly one of her rules. Sounds about right.

1. Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Please make this - super easy and so tasty. Also a little messy, but give up on eating it by the slice, and you'll be fine.

2. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. I skipped the icing and still loved these bars! Mine were a little crumbly, but that just gave me an excuse to sprinkle the chunks over a bowl of ice cream, so no harm done ;)

3. Sugar Cookies with Cookie Dough Icing. Everyone and their brother has a favorite sugar cookie recipe, so I wasn't too concerned by this recipe's bland cookie. That icing, though - WHOA. You have to try this icing!

4. Butternut Squash Pasta. Okay, I admit I didn't follow the recipe at all. I simply dumped a pre-made soup over cooked noodles and called it a day. But I got the idea the day after seeing this recipe, so I have to give credit where credit is due. Maybe I'll cook the real deal this fall.

5. Cake Batter Bars. Another easy one. :) Warning: the recipe calls for "a handful" of sprinkles. Thinking that no amount of sprinkles could be too much, I poured quite liberally on my first batch - and discovered that there is a such thing as too many sprinkles. Now I stick to 1-2 tablespoons and I'm actually able to taste the other ingredients! (Very novel concept, I know.)

6. Italian Wedding Soup. So happy I made this version of Wedding Soup (it was my first time making one with eggs and I'm a convert)! I think even mini-meatball lovers wouldn't miss the meat in this one - the eggs really are the star.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!

Comments

  1. How fun that you picked all recipe's to do. The pizza and pasta both sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have sooo many recipes pinned and I thought this would be a good way cook some new stuff.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian