This Is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen


I love children's books (no shame - although I will use Christmas as an excuse for purchasing this one).  I enjoy the story lines, the creativity, the illustrations, the freedom to use words previously not found in the English language . . I could go on and on.

But let's get to the point:  I adored this book!  It tells the tale of a little fish who steals a bowler hat and how he is eventually found out.  Simple story, but the illustrations really steal the show and made me smirk or giggle more than once.  I hold children's books that appeal to adults (who are often held hostage reading the same books for weeks) in higher esteem, and this book is definitely one of those!

I think it would be best suited for the preschool set through about second grade . . or adults who still cherish kids' books. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian