Please Vote

I don't have time to blog like I used to. But I do have time to ask you to please vote (imagine that in sparkly letters) if you live in the US. 😎 

This year, I was planning to start the tradition of taking my daughter with me to vote (she'll be 5 by then!) but COVID derailed that plan. Instead, she gets to watch me fill out my ballot at the kitchen table, haha. Regardless of where I vote, we're reading a lot about voting. Here are some of our favorites if you're interested. Amazon links are affiliate, the rest are not.  


Vote for Our Future - Elementary school students helping their community get out and vote! 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


Lillian's Right to Vote - I checked this out at the library just based on the title. Sometimes that works out well, and this was one of those times. 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


Delivering Justice - The story of W.W. Law, and how he fought for Civil Rights in Savannah, Georgia and helped Black Americans register to vote. 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


The Voice that Won the Vote - After we read this, I always say, "Thank goodness he listened to his mama," and wait for my daughter to roll her eyes and then we laugh. Ahh just the best. 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


Duck for President - Makes us laugh every time! I'm sure almost everyone has heard of this one. 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


Around America to Win the Vote - Two suffragists and a kitten? I'm in. A delightful story that I hadn't heard before reading this book. 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


Grace for President! - My daughter's favorite and what a fantastic message! 

Amazon | Goodreads | Youtube


What's an Election? - Very straightforward, and I like that it shows photographs of real ballots and voting machines. 

Amazon | Goodreads 


Only a month to go! What other books should we read?

**Having trouble leaving comments? Blogger's comments require cookies from third parties, which your browser may block.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian