New Coatrack

Do you hang coats on hooks? We tried using the hall closet (around the corner from the door), but this is much quicker and then we can use the closet for out of season items. But this particular coat rack has seen better days.
At first glance, it seems fine. Several hooks, a little space to rest things on top. Then the hooks started breaking off one by one, followed by the whole coat rack falling off the wall. Good times. 

So we replaced it. And by we, I mean Mr. G :) And not that I'm wishing for an early winter, but I am looking forward to loading this with heavy coats and winter hats.
coat rack coat rack
We're saving the old one for now, because we may be able to salvage the hook portion and use them elsewhere in the house for lighter items (I'm pretty sure the weight is why they were breaking).

Where do you hang coats?

Comments

  1. See halfway down this post (http://www.livetolist.com/house/entryway-reveal/) for how I got around closet laziness! I could have pretended I'd rehang our coats and jackets on the hangers, but I knew myself better! S hooks solved that... Meanwhile, I have FAR too many jackets and scarves for such a temperate climate, but I do love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! I'm not sure why the 6 extra seconds required to walk to the closet and hang something on a hanger bother me, but I really prefer the instant satisfaction of hanging on a hook!

      Delete
  2. The new one looks much more heavy duty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so - it will need to be when winter comes!

      Delete
  3. I like it! We plan on adding a hooks in the hallway....eventually.Until then, they hang in a wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thinking about changing this out for a while . . and probably wouldn't have actually done it if the old one hadn't fallen off the wall, hah.

      Delete
  4. Love new big hooks. And love the thought of how easy it is to hang up jackets and watches rather than hanging them over dining chairs. But we don't use hooks. They would accumulate too many items, and just look messy.

    I've seen some great entry with "action" stations. To hang up hand bags, jackets, scarves. But they are mainly on American sites. It is not something Australians seem to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the hook system does get cluttered sometimes! Especially during transitional type weather when I need a light coat and a heavier coat out depending on the day. An entry like ours is pretty common around here, yes. My parents and most of my friends have something similar.

      Delete
  5. I like the photography! Also like the idea of putting wallets/keys along the top as a 'landing pad.' Sadly, we tend to use the back of a chair for coats. I'd love a solid coat rack but we are not 'handy' enough to install one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At our previous place, we always used the side door (into the kitchen) rather than the front door, and used a chair back for coats. Whatever works!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments - please leave one (or twelve)!

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian