Memorial Day

Memorial Day is fairly depressing when you think about the reasons behind it, rather than getting excited for tons of mattress sales and the beginning of grilling season. This year it's hitting me a little harder; I think because my husband was deployed and I had too much time to think about people who lost their special someone during deployments. I don't even want to imagine how awful that must be. 

While I was reading about Memorial Day's early years on Wikipedia, I learned that it used to be celebrated with "dinner of the ground," basically a picnic. I love this idea. 

But enough of my rambling, here's some info about it if you're interested, courtesy of Huffington Post:
(click to view larger)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian