Green Monster smoothie

Wondering how to use up a few cups of spinach?  You could use it to make soup, or Kristin's Green Monster smoothie.  I've made it a few times, and no matter what I add, it's always delicious!

Get out your blender (doesn't have to be new and fancy!):
Pour in a little ground flaxseed:
Some nut butter (I used almond butter this time):
Add milk and your choice of frozen fruit (I went with a strawberries this time, but I can't imagine any fruits that wouldn't be tasty!):

I decided to throw in some peanut butter, too - that's the lighter color nut butter in the photo above.  And, the ingredient that gives the smoothie its namesake color:
(spinach)
It's ready to slurp!
Yes, I use a glass straw.  And you didn't believe me when I said I went off the deep end with the environmentally friendly stuff. ;) Besides, doesn't drinking from a straw make everything better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good-bye April, Hello May!

Vegetarian Version of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup

Getting Enough Protein as a Vegetarian